Top Posts & Pages
- Velveeta Cheese for Bait. Weapon of Choice?
- Trout Fishing - Deep or Shallow?
- Berkley Powerbait Worms and Mice Tails for Trout Fishing
- Thinking about making your own Powerbait or Trout Bait?
- Trout and WD-40 - Cedric Puts It To The Test
- Can Trout Smell? Making sense out of scents
- Santa Ana Rivers Lake (SARL) - Lake is Beginning to Warm
- Looking Inside the Trout's Stomach
- Why do trout fool around nibbling instead of simply biting?
Powerbait Color Poll
Category Archives: Trout Fishing
It’s one thing when one of us is using a particular bait, color, or scent to dial in on Mr. Trout. Lately, me and my fishing buddies are all using Power Worms (PW) and Mice Tails to catch Mr. Trout with greater … Continue reading
I spend more time fishing than writing, but I wanted to provide a quick update on Lake Crowley as things are different this year. The lake’s water level is down 20 feet and it has changed the fishing dynamics from … Continue reading
Using fish finders and by sight I have been able to clearly see at what depth the trout are to be found in lakes. From shore we use Cedric’s portable unit that has a castable transducer that enables us to … Continue reading
Pictured below is the basic Powerbait (PB) fishing setup that I normally start with. Most of the time I just put just enough powerbait to cover the treble hook in a ball shape. I’ll get more into PB shapes and … Continue reading
During the last weekend, Big D landed his first Lightning Trout and Cedric bagged a Nebraska Tailwalker Rainbow. Santa Ana Rivers Lakes trout fishing season is just about over as the April temperatures are approaching the 90’s. I went through … Continue reading
When a group of guys sit around all morning with no bites the conversation always takes on a weird path. It began with me talking about how I read that fishermen were using WD-40 to catch trout. Big D who was … Continue reading