Top Posts & Pages
- Velveeta Cheese for Bait. Weapon of Choice?
- Berkley Powerbait Worms and Mice Tails for Trout Fishing
- Why do trout fool around nibbling instead of simply biting?
- SARL Fishing Report - April 23, 2011
- Looking Inside the Trout's Stomach
- Trout Fishing - Deep or Shallow?
- Thinking about making your own Powerbait or Trout Bait?
- Can Trout Smell? Making sense out of scents
- Powerbait Setup for Trout
Powerbait Color Poll
Author Archives: fishing thoughts
It’s one thing when one of us is using a particular bait, color, or scent to dial in on Mr. Trout. Lately, me and my fishing buddies are all using Power Worms (PW) and Mice Tails to catch Mr. Trout with greater … Continue reading
I spend more time fishing than writing, but I wanted to provide a quick update on Lake Crowley as things are different this year. The lake’s water level is down 20 feet and it has changed the fishing dynamics from … Continue reading
I thought I’d give you glimpse of an e-mail report between us fishermen that happen all the time. In any strategic battle – information is key. Here’s a real data stream from my long time fishing friend who is scouting … Continue reading
It’s rare when I don’t pack some Velveeta when I go trout fishing. Why? It’s one of my weapons of choice against Mr. Trout. There have been times when Velveeta has outfished everything else in my tackle box. I was … Continue reading
I’ve made my own bait concoctions over the years as it’s sort of like making the next better mousetrap. Why should it be so hard? It’s just fish food and you can look up all kinds of recipes online. Here’s … Continue reading
Using fish finders and by sight I have been able to clearly see at what depth the trout are to be found in lakes. From shore we use Cedric’s portable unit that has a castable transducer that enables us to … Continue reading