Top Posts & Pages
- Thinking about making your own Powerbait or Trout Bait?
- Berkley Powerbait Worms and Mice Tails for Trout Fishing
- Can Trout Smell? Making sense out of scents
- Powerbait Setup for Trout
- Velveeta Cheese for Bait. Weapon of Choice?
- Trout - Do they have a preference for water temperature or oxygenated water?
- Why do trout fool around nibbling instead of simply biting?
- Trout and WD-40 - Cedric Puts It To The Test
- Trout Fishing - Deep or Shallow?
Powerbait Color Poll
Monthly Archives: April 2011
As the summer approaches I’m always thinking about how the warmer temperatures will affect trout fishing. Rainbow trout are active in water temperatures around 59 degrees and like highly oxygenated water. But what happens as the water becomes warmer as … Continue reading
I got to Santa Ana Rivers Lake at 5 am to wait for the lake to open at 6 am. Met Big D over at La Palma Point which is located on the back right hand corner of the … Continue reading
During the last weekend, Big D landed his first Lightning Trout and Cedric bagged a Nebraska Tailwalker Rainbow. Santa Ana Rivers Lakes trout fishing season is just about over as the April temperatures are approaching the 90’s. I went through … Continue reading
When a group of guys sit around all morning with no bites the conversation always takes on a weird path. It began with me talking about how I read that fishermen were using WD-40 to catch trout. Big D who was … Continue reading
If you fart in the water can trout smell it? How about your bait? When you think about it, trout are a lot like us in the sense that they too have circulatory, nervous, respiratory, and sensory systems. Along the … Continue reading
While fishing at Convict Lake my friend was using a 2 lb 6″ inch leader and not catching any trout while the other two of us were getting loads of bites and catching fish. I mentioned to my friend that … Continue reading
You probably know the feeling when your line nudges slightly as Mr. Trout begins to nibble at your bait and the ‘ugh!’ when setting the hook and sensing nothing at the end of your line. Score: You – Zip / … Continue reading